What is a blockchain? A blockchain is a decentralized and distributed digital ledger that records transactions across multiple computers or nodes. Maintaining a chronological chain of blocks containing transactional data ensures transparency, security, and immutability.
What is a blockchain explorer? A blockchain explorer is a search engine specifically designed for exploring and retrieving information from a blockchain. It allows users to search and view various details about cryptocurrency transactions, including wallet addresses, transaction times, amounts, and other on-chain data.
How can I check the status of my transaction on a blockchain explorer?
To check the status of your transaction on a blockchain explorer, you need to follow these steps:
- Obtain the transaction ID (also known as a transaction hash) for your crypto send.
- This ID is a unique address that serves as proof of the transaction.
- Visit the blockchain explorer of your choice. We recommend:
- Locate the search bar on the Explorer's website.
- Paste the transaction ID or address into the search bar.
- The blockchain explorer will display the transaction details, including whether the transaction is confirmed, unconfirmed, or has failed.
How do I find the transaction ID for my crypto send on Stablehouse?
- If you're using the Stablehouse, you can find the transaction ID by following these steps:
- Open Stablehouse and click on your portfolio of choice.
- Select 'Activity' under your portfolio.
- Find and select the specific transaction you want to check.
- Within the transaction details, you should be able to see the transaction ID.
- Copy the transaction ID to check its status on a blockchain explorer.
Why is the transaction ID important? The transaction ID, or transaction hash, is a unique identifier for a transaction on a blockchain. It serves as proof that the transaction has taken place and allows you to track its progress and status on a blockchain explorer.
Can anyone view the transaction information of a wallet address on a blockchain explorer? Yes, anyone can view the transaction information associated with a wallet address on a blockchain explorer. However, it's important to note that while transaction details are publicly accessible, the private information of the wallet owner remains confidential.
What will I see when checking my transaction on a blockchain explorer? When you check your transaction on a blockchain explorer, the explorer will typically provide information about the transaction's status. This includes whether the transaction is confirmed, unconfirmed, or has failed. Additional details may include the transaction amount, timestamps, and other relevant information related to the transaction.
If you encounter any issues or have further questions, please get in touch with our customer support for assistance. firstname.lastname@example.org